PE and Sport Premium
Teachers and specialist sport coaches take PE lessons to ensure children get a broad range of PE and specialist skill progression. Our extensive after school provision has been streamlined, due to Covid, with 4 sessions offered after school each week.
We offer a wide range of sports and wider opportunities as part of an exciting and inclusive PE provision. We hope soon to continue to compete in a large amount of sports across the year groups and offer many different sports and activities for all children in our extra-curriculum programme.
The Sports Premium Grant is carefully monitored in order to "make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer".
We use the premium grant to develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Examples of these are:
- hiring qualified sports coaches to lead extra curricular activities
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- run and attend sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in school sport
- run sports activities with other schools
Please see the document below for a full breakdown of how our money is spent this year, and its impact on our sports provision.