PE and Sport Premium
The sports provision at Churchfield is run by Mr Wright. They take PE lessons and organise sporting activities during every lunchtime and after school as part of the Churchfield Explorers Programme. To see the latest range of extra curricular activities, please go to the Churchfield Explorers section of the website.
We offer a wide range of sports and wider opportunities as part of an exciting and inclusive PE provision. We compete in a large amount of sports across the year groups and offer many different sports and activities for all children in our extra-curriculum programme.
The Sports Premium Grant is carefully monitored in order to "make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer".
We use the premium grant to develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Examples of these are:
- hiring qualified sports coaches to lead extra curricular activities
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- run and attend sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in school sport
- run sports activities with other schools
Please see the document below for a full breakdown of how our money is spent this year, and its impact on our sports provision.